Monday, January 18, 2010

getting away from ish for a bit...

Family Guy has got to be the funniest show ever.


Humour . Well , that for me is what saves people from snapping no matter what they possibly could be going through. I went back to my college for a week , it was a trip to unwind and as my sister keeps preaching (attain closure). I’ve yet to come across a person who in my opinion is not complicated. Why exist anyway with the most complicated and capable brain among other living beings and waste it by not letting thoughts and emotions flow. Not everyone though is confident enough to tap their thoughts and try to follow their impulse irrespective of views imposed on them. People who strive to make others laugh can only facilitate spreading some cheer here and there and it’s a highly respectable clan but the one’s I’m in awe of are the ones who strive to make themselves laugh . Not the person to their right or the person they secretly admire , just themselves. I hardly seem to know anyone except for this one person whose claim is that the point of humour is to make oneself happy. That forced me to think that how a person is ready to drive one’s thought process to keep oneself happy,only for some time mind you. Not that it’s a very noble trait but I’d trade noble for happy anyday , anyone would. I know how many times I’ve felt terrible and covered it up with an outburst of lame ,cheeky(usually perv) one liners. I’m also aware of the fact that there needs to be a degree of sensitivity to issues faced by those surrounding you , but why should a troubled person going through the ordeal of “spreading sunshine” when there’s a powercut at his place. Speaking of sunshine , a friend of mine was explaining to me how the solar eclipse that just occurred was lucky for her. Pause. Longer Pause. Pregnant pause(this phrase really amuses me, felt the need to throw it in).Now really , I doubt the moons orbit has anything to do with the desires and wishes of a little speck millions of kilometers away. If it did , family guy wouldn’t be the funniest show ever. There definitely needs to a be heightened sense of life to come up with the confidence to create an animation based cartoon that is full of taboo slurs , ridicules the nicest of people , the hottest of celebrities for the vaguest reasons. I know this has nothing to do with the moon’s orbit but well, watch Family guy. Getting back to what I love most , I saw this movie called Chance Pe Dance. The critics trashed it though I think the movie deserves a watch , multiple times if possible. Freaky Friday talks about the chance encounter I had with a lala director(chakki turned cinematography bracket, who predominate the scene I figure).


Freaky Friday



It’s Friday, what’s the first thing that strikes one’s mind, apart from the fact that the tiresome week has called it quits and given some respite to say the least. All that I can seem to associate Friday’s to are the rebellious director’s attempt to make a situational comedy or the rather amusing ‘saand’(buffalo for those who went to school outside India or for those who have never had any verbal contact with a red blooded Indian whose eyeing a fat boy) turned ‘stud’, son of a distributors ambitious debut. I love movies and I know you do, which kind is the question. In my opinion , every movie deserves a watch and find that I get along quite easily with those who share this view. The mutual understanding of catching up at the nearest PVR for the ‘dud’ movie trashed by all critics is admirable and somehow hope that this smoothness and efficiency runs into other departments of life. I had a dream sometime back, where I was talking to a loaded film director who was banking on his next venture starring the struggler whose considered divine looking but hated by critics(probably for not reciprocating after being hit on by them).This is what my conversation with him seemed like.Who are critics ? These high profile ex-filmmakers almost made breakthroughs in the crossover cinema bracket but found they’d go bankrupt and claimed they had no interest(read skill/talent/money) for making commercial cinema. So they either make up for these inadequacies by venting out frustration on all movies they review and occasionally throw in a good word or two(every single letter of it at a price, mind you) or by mocking tacky sets in their columns and talking about the affairs of the star more than his acting. I was woken up from my deep sleep only to realize that I had a definite perspective when it came to film reviews, and a certain man named Khalid Mohammed(Sir, it takes heaps of courage and talent to make a movie with Hrithik Roshan and an actress of Kirron Kher’s calibre flop , so why exactly are you an authority on film making again!!.) . I feel the rating system is toying with the integrity of the artiste whose made the movie. There is definitely a lot of effort going into putting together a sustained audio video compilation which has a certain coherence that could help it be termed as a movie. Movies are like buildings , the director being the architect and the actors being the civil engineers, from the brick layer to the silly actress crying because her exquisite pup doesn’t have air conditioning around it are involved head to toe in the project. But, as non seriously as I may take them, there is one thing for sure , their profession fits my description of what is the perfect kind of job. Who wouldn’t want a job where your boss would have moles planted around multiplexes and probably expect you to start signing in attendance near the popcorn vending machine.
Wish life was that easy.As the anticipation rises high as the week proceeds towards a Friday , I can’t wait to see my favourite actor whose back in action after quite some time.
Peace
you know who...

2 comments:

  1. Baby Boy... ( Going by the profile pic )... Keep it up.. Enlighten us with ur wise views... Miss u... Varun

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete